Hamilton Call 2PM Inspection Ahead Of Friday's Meeting


Hamilton racecourse is set to hold an inspection at 2PM today ahead of their meeting tomorrow with the track currently unraceable.

The going is currently heavy, soft in places with a GoingStick reading of 6.0, however on some parts of the track there are false patches within the final two furlongs after the Scottish track has had amass down pour of rain over the last two days.

(Credit Racing Post) Clerk of the course Harriet Graham said on Thursday morning: "At the moment we're not raceable. We've had 54mm of rain in the last two days, with 17mm yesterday and the rest the day before.

"We have a few false patches, particularly in the last two furlongs, and so we need to look at those again later on and see whether we think there's a chance of them drying out.

"I don't think we'll be raceable by 2pm when we’re officially inspecting and it would be difficult to make the decision today on whether we’re actually racing, but we might decide to have another look tomorrow morning."

Hamilton could become the second Scottish track in a few days to cancel a meeting after Ayr had to abandon half way through their Wednesday card due to the riders flagging up areas of false ground.

The forecast for Hamilton on Thursday is a dry day with temperatures reaching 22C, but there is the threat of more rain on Friday and if that was to fall then the meeting could be in danger.

Graham added: "It’s a nice morning and it looks like being a warm, humid and dry day today, but there is rain forecast for tomorrow evening, which unfortunately is when we’re racing."