2017 Grand National Winner One For Arthur will run in the Peter Marsh Chase at Haydock a week Saturday, Peter Scudamore has confirmed.
There was the potential of him being ran this Saturday in the Classic Chase at Warwick, but his team have since decided against it due to ongoing concerns with the ground that could unsettle the 10-year-old.
One For Arthur made his return to action back in December after almost two years out, doing so at Aintree where jockey Tom Scudamore was unseated. However, Scudamore snr says he will be in action again next weekend.
"He goes to Haydock a week on Saturday. He just isn't ready for Warwick this weekend and we were also worried about the ground – that was the biggest thing really," he told the Racing Post.
"We're in the middle of another dry period and the ground will be plenty quick enough there. If we'd tried we could have got him ready but he really needs it to rain."
Despite the disappointing return at Aintree last month, Scudamore has reported that the Grand National winner of two years ago is in good health ahead of next weekend, also detailing his current schedule.
"Physically he's absolutely fine," he added. "He did a piece of work on Saturday and he's due to do two more pieces of work again this week before he schools on Monday.
"We'll ease him down after that before Haydock. He's actually in very good form.
"Looking forward he may go back to Haydock again for the Grand National Trial, provided everything goes to plan."