Thursday has seen trainers and there yards being put into shutdown due to the outbreak of a serious case of equine influenza.
Trainer Warren Greatrex spoke to the Racing Post saying this is a "big concern" to trainers and from looking from the reaction from other racing figures across social media this will have a huge impact on the industry.
The BHA, who are keeping the racing world updated as soon as news breaks about the situation, today cancelled all four race meetings set to take place in the United Kingdom following three confirmed cases of the flu in horses who had been vaccinated.
This is the first time since 1981 that this disease has caused the cancellation or abandonment of a race meeting across Britain since 1981, showing how rare but serious this type of thing really is.
Greatrex has sent out 83 horses so far during this national hunt season and he was set to have a runner in the feature race of the day at Huntingdon in the Listed Sidney Banks Memorial Novices' Hurdle with Emitom.
Credit Racing Post: The trainer said: "It is disappointing but you have to put things into perspective and this problem has to be sorted. We will do everything we can to help with what the BHA want us to do.
"I have spoken at length to my vet and been told the things I can do to be sure this doesn't spread. I don't know the length but these were horses who had been vaccinated so it is a big concern but we have to monitor everything closely.
"It is a worry but I know everyone will be doing everything they can to get this sorted as quick as possible."
Huntingdon was another racing party that were disappointed with the cancellation of racing with one of there stand out cards for the year set to take place
Jack Pryor, the track's clerk of the course, said: "It is very frustrating from our point of view but it is the BHA's decision and we have to follow what they say.
"It is one of those unfortunate things, we had a very good day planned but there isn't a huge amount we can do. It is a strange feeling having the track ready for racing but the meeting is abandoned."
The BHA have released a small update that they will be waiting until they have results back about the inspection before they make a decision about if racing will go ahead tomorrow and the weekend. They will be releasing another statement tonight when they know more.